Severn Man Sentenced 16 Years for Fleeing, Assaulting an Officer, Drug Possession

For Immediate Release: January 6, 2017

Annapolis, MD -- Anne Arundel County State's Attorney Wes Adams announced today that Antron Trimitrios Bulow, 35, of Severn, pled guilty and was sentenced by Circuit Court Judge Michele D. Jaklitsch to 16 years in prison and 5 years of supervised probation for two counts of second degree assault, possession of a controlled dangerous substance, driving while impaired by a controlled dangerous substance, resisting arrest, fleeing and eluding, and failure to remain at the scene of an accident. Bulow was also sentenced to an additional 18 months, consecutive to his DOC sentence, for violating his probation.

"This defendant has an egregious history of assault and dealing drugs that needed to be stopped. He has consistently placed innocent lives in harm's way," said Anne Arundel County State's Attorney Wes Adams. "I want to thank Judge Jaklitsch for putting him in jail for 16 years, a sentence that communicates to other would-be offenders that we will not tolerate criminal activity in our county."

On March 23, 2016 just after noon, an Anne Arundel County officer attempted to stop the car Bulow was driving. Bulow sped up and tried to flee the officer. Bulow then passed a Maryland State Trooper and the Trooper also attempted to perform a traffic stop. Troopers gave chase for nearly 20 miles through the Glen Burnie area. During the chase, Bulow struck 3 vehicles - one civilian vehicle and two police vehicles. Officers put down stop sticks in an attempt to stop Bulow's vehicle, but Bulow veered and almost struck an officer who was on foot. After Bulow's vehicle was disabled, Bulow exited the vehicle, lunged at an officer, and then began to run. It took several officers to place him under arrest, this after Bulow struck one of the officers in the chest. Bulow had cocaine in his possession and hospital records showed he had been under the influence of cocaine at the time of driving.

Assistant State's Attorney Joanna Petros prosecuted the case on behalf of the State. Judge Michele D. Jaklitsch presided over the case.

###

Brooklyn Park Man Sentenced to 18 Years in Prison for Viciously Attacking His Wife

For Immediate Release: December 22, 2016

Annapolis, MD -- Anne Arundel County State's Attorney Wes Adams announced today that Randal Harper, 47, of Brooklyn Park, was sentenced yesterday by Circuit Court Judge J. Michael Wachs to 36 years with 18 years of active incarceration for First Degree Assault, Second Degree Assault, and False Imprisonment. Harper was found guilty in November 2016.

"What this woman had to endure is unthinkable," said Anne Arundel County State's Attorney Wes Adams. "My office is determined to hold assailants accountable and deliver justice to the victim. I want to thank Judge Wachs for putting this criminal away so he can no longer harm his own family."

According to charging documents, officers responded to a call on July 1, 2016 and found the wife of Randal Harper covered in blood, lying in the grass at the end of a street in the Brooklyn Park area of Anne Arundel County. She had trouble speaking and her voice was raspy. The victim advised that Harper had run into the woods. An independent witness said she heard and saw Harper attacking the victim outside her residence and called 911. Police located and arrested the Defendant.

Officers learned that the assault had continued since the day prior. Harper had threatened the victim on previous occasions that if he ever went to jail, he would get out, kill her, her children, and her family.

At one point as the victim attempted to escape, Harper pulled her by the hair, grabbed the back of her head, and slammed her onto the floor.

"Domestic violence is a very personal crime," continue Adams. "If you are a victim of domestic violence, we are here for you. Please come forward to police and let us help work toward keeping you safe."

In court, Judge Wachs said he believed the Defendant had attempted to manipulate the prosecution of the case, showed no real remorse, and blamed his wife for the assault.

Assistant State's Attorney Mary Setzer prosecuted the case on behalf of the State. Judge J. Micheal Wachs presided over the case.

###

Upper Marlboro Man Sentenced to 30 Years in Prison for Attempted Rape at Glen Burnie Flower Shop

For Immediate Release: December, 22 2016

Annapolis, MD -- Anne Arundel County State's Attorney Wes Adams announced today that Garrick Holloway, 29, of Upper Marlboro, was sentenced by Circuit Court Judge Michele D. Jaklitsch to a Life sentence, with 30 years of active incarceration and 5 years supervised probation for the attempted rape of a woman working in a flower shop on Crain Highway. Holloway pled guilty in October of 2016.

"This victim and her family's life are forever changed in the aftermath of this vicious attack," said Anne Arundel County State's Attorney Wes Adams. "Sexual assaults are particularly egregious as the damage lasts a lifetime. I want to thank Judge Jaklitsch for sending a message to our community that sexual predators will not be tolerated."

When officers arrived on August 6, 2015, they learned that Holloway had seen the victim outside the flower shop, alone. He then entered the shop and attempted to rape her. It was the first day of her new job. Another employee witnessed the attack, which is also caught on a security video that was shown in court. The other employee activated a silent alarm and notified an upstairs tenant to get help. The tenant and another citizen driving by at the time, subdued Holloway until officers were on the scene.

Assistant State's Attorney Reva Chopra prosecuted the case on behalf of the State. Judge Michele D. Jaklitsch presided over the case.

###

Glen Burnie Man Sentenced 20 Years for 2nd Degree Murder

For Immediate Release: December 21, 2016

Annapolis, MD -- Anne Arundel County State's Attorney Wes Adams announced today that David Leander Ford, 59, of Glen Burnie, was sentenced by Circuit Court Judge Cathy M. Vitale to 25 years in prison, with 20 years of active incarceration and 5 years of probation for Second Degree Murder in the stabbing death of Mohamed Eltahir. Ford was found guilty by jury in September 2016.

"This defendant chose to engage in a criminal act, when he could have easily prevented the escalation. Now, the victim's family has to live with the loss of their only son for the rest of their lives," said Anne Arundel County State's Attorney Wes Adams. "I want to thank the Anne Arundel County Police for their diligence in providing the evidence needed in this case to convict this assailant."

On July 8, 2015 in the area of Whitmore Court and Shelley Road in Glen Burnie, Eltahir was sitting on a park bench with his friends when they were approached by Ford. Ford made offensive statements about Eltahir's sister and a verbal argument ensued, resulting in Ford striking Eltahir, and ultimately stabbing him in the chest. Eltahir was later pronounced dead at an area hospital.

Assistant State's Attorney Pamela Alban prosecuted the case on behalf of the State. Judge Cathy M. Vitale presided over the case.

###